B.Sci.Econ. Konan Univ. 1968
Geographical Areas of Interest:
Micronesia, Polynesia, Southeast Asia, Japan
Anthropology of tourism, museum anthropology, cosmology.
- "On the George Brown Collection", MINPAKU Anthropology Newsletter, No.9, pp.8-9.
- "Cultural Heritage of the South Pacific: The George Brown Collextion", MINPAKU Anthropology Newsletter, No.8, p.9.
- Tourism:Japanese Civilization in the Modern World IX. Senri Ethnological Studies No.38 (edited by Tadao Umesao, Harumi Befu, Shuzo Ishimori)
- "Tourism and Religion:From the Perspective of Comparative Civilization", In T.Umesao, H. Befu, and S. Ishimori (eds. ), Japanese Civilization in the Modern World IX: Tourism. Senri Ethnological Studies, No.38, pp.11-24.
- "Role of Cultural Tourism",Cultural Heritage and Tourism:Preservation and Presentation of Cultural Heritage,pp.28-32. The Asia/Pacific Cultural Center for UNESCO.
- "Popularization and Commercialization of Tourism in Early Modern Japan", In T.Umesao, M.Fruin and N.Hata (eds. ), Japanese Civilization in the Modern World IV: Economic Institutions. Senri Ethnological Studies, 26, pp.179-194.
- "Song and Cosmology on Satawal", In I.Ushijima and K.Sudo (eds. ), Cultural Uniformity and Diversity in Oceania. Senri Ethnological Studies, No.21, pp.241-253.
- "Secret Knowledge on Satawal Island,Central Carolines", Man and Culture in Oceania, 3 (Special Issue) pp.267-278.
- "Development of Cultural Heritage Tourism in Japan: Tourism Promotion and the Struggle for Compatibility with Heritage Conservation", Heritage and Tourism:International Conference held in Hong Kong sponsed by the Antiquities and Monuments Office of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China. (1999.12.14)