National Museum of Ethnology
10-1 Senri Expo Park, Suita, Osaka 565-8511, Japan
- B.Eng. Kyoto Univ. 1972
- M.Eng. Kyoto Univ. 1974
- D.Eng. Kyoto Univ. 1986
Management and Use of Archival Documents, Time-Space Integrated Archives of Cultural Resources
Current Research Topics
- Developing Collaborative Digital Archives of Umesao's Documents
Aboriginal Australian Culture and Society, Organisation and Analysis of Ethnological Information, Ethno-Knowledge Systems, Collaborative Digital Archives
Publications (English publications only)
- Historical Analysis using YUNNAN Chronicle: Toward Developing Time-space Integrated Archives for Analysis and Presentation of Cultural Resources. PNC and ECAI 2007 Annual Conference and Joint Meetings Program and Abstract Book, pp.84. San Francisco: University of California Berkeley.
- Sharing Cultural Resources among Museums, Visitors, and Site People: New Plan of Information System at the National Museum of Ethnology, Japan, Proc. for 2004 Forum of Museum Directors: Marketing and Technology: The New Strategies for Museum Resource Sharing, pp.61–80. Taiwan: National Museum of History.
- Modern Technology for Supporting Museum Activity: Experiences and Future Plan of the National Museum of Ethnology, Japan. Proc. of 2004 Summit of International Museum Directors: New Images, New Strategies. pp.110–130. Taiwai: National Palace Museum.
- Database at the National Museum of Ethnology. MINPAKU Anthropology Newsletter. 17: 1–3.
- Development of the Image Database at the National Museum of Ethnology–Toward Forum–Type Database Management. Proc. of International Conference of Museum Digitization - Antiquities, Painting and Calligraphy, pp.25–41, Taiwan: National Palace Museum.
- A Scheme for Cross-searching of Multimedia Databases. In S. Sugita, Hong Jung-Kook, T. Fujii, J. Reeve and G. Gay (eds.) Global Digital Museum (GDM) for Museum Education on the Internet, (Senri Ethnological Reports 28), pp.41–45. National Museum of Ethnology.
- Information Systems at the National Museum of Ethnology. 2001 Pacific Neiborhood Consortium Abstract Book, pp. 33–35.
- Information Systems at the National Museum of Ethnology: Their Present and Future. Reforming Museums for the 21st Century: Report on the Stockholm Asia-Europe Conference on Museums 2000, pp.49–63
- (With T. Umesao and W. Kelly) Japanese Civilization in the Modern World XIV Information and Communication. (Senri Ethnological Studies 52), National Museum of Ethnology.
- (With J. Raben and S. Sugita) Towrad a Computer Ethnology. (Senri Ethnological Studies 20), National Museum of Ethnology.
- Comparative Studies of Information and Communication. MINPAKU Anthropology Newsletter 3: 11.
- (With Y. Taguchi, K. Agusa, and Y. Ohno) Multi-microprocessor System for Three-dimensional Color Graphics. Proc. IFIP Congress 80: 145–150.
- (With T. Nogi) ADINA Computer I. Memories of the Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University, Vol.XLII, Part 4, pp.421–439.
- "Problems in Managing Cultural Resources; Resource Sharing, Protecting Intellectual Properties and Ethical Consideration" in International Research Meeting On Museology, National Museum, Yangon, Myanmar (2013.9.26).
- “On Digital Archives for Sharing Cultural Resources.” 21st APAN (Asia-Pasific Advanced Network) Meeting in Tokyo, 23 January, Akihabara Convention Hall, Tokyo.
- “Toward Common Forum-type Digital Archives for Sharing Cultural Resources among Owners, Information Managers and Users.” 1 November, University of Hawaii Manoa.
- “Forum-Type Virtual Space for Sharing Cultural Resources among Museums, Visitors, and Site People.” Citizenship and Knowledge. “Virtual Learning Communities in the Future, CHIN Colloquium,” 7 June, Pavillion at Expo 2005 VIP Lounge, Canada.
- ASEMUS Asia-Europe Market Place of Museums: Museum Hopping.” Singapore.
- “Development of the Image Database at the National Museum of Ethnology –Toward Forum”Type Database Management. ” International Conference of Museum Digitization – Antiquities, Painting and Calligraphy, 17 November, National Palace Museum, Taiwan.
- “Information Systems at the National Museum of Ethnology.” 2001 Pacific Neiborhood Consortium, 8 December, Guadalajara, Mexico.
- “Information Systems at the National Museum of Ethnology: Their Present and Future.” Stockholm Asia-Europe Conference on Museums 2000, 7 September, Sweden.
- (With S. Koyama and M. Nomoto) “The New Ainu Law and the Nibutani Land Claim.” 1997 Fulbright Symposium Indigenous Cultures in an Interconnected World, The University of New England, Darwin.
- (With T. Kohmoto and Y. Ohno) “A Data Flow Machine with Optimization Driven Graph Reduction Mechanism.” 4th International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, IEEE, Los Angeles.
- (With T. Kohmoto, Y. Ohno) “A Proposal of Functional Machine with Data Driven and Optimization driven Graph Reduction.” Tercera Conferencia Internacional en Ciencia de la Computacion, IEEE, Santiago.
- (With E. Toshima, N. Mori, and H. Hoshino, K. Agusa, and Y. Ohno) “A Parallel Processor System Dedicated to SIMD and Its Application to Three-dimensional Color Graphics.” 3rd. International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems, IEEE, Tokyo.
- (With K. Itoh, K. Tabata, and Y. Ohno) “Interactive Modeling and Simulation System.” International Conference on Cybernetics and Society, Tokyo.