Ishuretsuzo, the Image of Ezo: Tracing Persons, Things and the World
- The Special Exhibition Hall, National Museum of Ethnology
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Entry permitted until 4:30 p.m.)
- Closed on
- Wednesdays (Open on May 4, Wednesday)
- Admission Free Day
- March 13 (Sunday), May 5 (Thursday/National Holiday)
- Presented by
- the National Museum of Ethnology, National Museum of Japanese History, Ishuretsuzo Exhibition Organizing Committee (Hokkaido Museum, Hokkaido Foundation for History and Culture, and Hokkaido Shimbun Press).
- Assisted by
- Besançon (France), Matsumae Town, and the Senri Foundation
- Sponsored by
- the French Embassy in Japan, Institut français du Japon, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, Agency for Cultural Affairs, Hokkaido Government Board of Education, Ainu Association of Hokkaido, and NHK (Japan Broadcasting Corporation) Osaka
- Admission Fee
Adults ¥420 (¥350), senior high school and college/university students ¥250 (¥200), elementary and junior high school students ¥110 (¥90) *Visitors can also view the regular exhibits.
- The discount fees in parentheses are applied to visitors in groups of 20 or more, college students who use the museum for classes, senior high school students who use the museum for the purpose of writing papers for classes, those who have visited the museum within the previous three months, and those who are 65 years old and over. (Appropriate documents are required for the discounts.) College students include students of junior colleges, universities, graduate schools, and vocational schools. When entering from Shizenbunkaen Park (the Natural and Cultural Gardens park), please purchase a museum admission ticket at the ticket machine located next to the gate. With the ticket, you can pass through the park for free. Admission is free for a visitor with a physical disability certificate and also for his/her attendant. Admission to the museum is free every Saturday for elementary school, junior high school, and senior high school students; however, if you come to the museum through Shizenbunkaen Park (the Natural and Cultural Gardens park), an admission fee is charged for the park.
●Shuttle Bus Service
There is a shuttle service from Bampaku-kinen-koen Station on the Osaka Monorail Line to the National Museum of Ethnology during the exhibition period. Please use our shuttle bus service.
◆ 11 round trips per day ◆ The bus ride takes 10 minutes ◆ Free of charge This service is unavailable when the museum is closed and on February 27 (Saturday), March 5 (Saturday), March 6 (Sunday), and March 13 (Sunday)
*may be temporarily unavailable when Expo '70 Commemorative Park holds an event.