Revisiting Siebold’s Japan Museum
- The Special Exhibition Hall, National Museum of Ethnology
Period August 10 (Thu) - October 10 (Tue), 2017
※During the exhibition period, some exhibits are replaced with a view to protecting the materials.
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Entry permitted until 4:30 p.m.)
- Closed on
- Presented by
- the National Museum of Ethnology, National Museum of Japanese History, The Asahi Shimbun Company
- A collaborative project between the Museum and
- The Tokyo Metropolitan Edo-Tokyo Museum, Nagasaki Museum of History and Culture, Nagoya City Museum
- In Special Collaboration with
- Museum Fünf Kontinente, Munich (MFK), Brandenstein-Zeppelin Family
- Assisted by
- All Nippon Airways, The Senri Foundation
- PR Assistance
- Japanese Red Cross Society
- Admission Fee
- Adults ¥830 (¥560), senior high school and college/university students ¥450 (¥250), elementary and junior high school students Free *Visitors can also view the regular exhibits.
- The discount fees in parentheses are applied to visitors in groups of 20 or more, college students who use the museum for classes, senior high school students who use the museum for the purpose of writing papers for classes, those who have visited the museum within the previous three months, and those who are 65 years old and over. (Appropriate documents are required for the discounts.) College students include students of junior colleges, universities, graduate schools, and vocational schools.
- When entering from Shizenbunkaen Park (the Natural and Cultural Gardens park), please purchase a museum admission ticket at the ticket machine located next to the gate. With the ticket, you can pass through the park for free.Admission is free for a visitor with a physical disability certificate and also for his/her attendant.
- Admission to the museum is free every Saturday for senior high school students; however, if you come to the museum through Shizenbunkaen Park (the Natural and Cultural Gardens park), an admission fee is charged for the park.
●Shuttle Bus Service
There is a shuttle service from Bampaku-kinen-koen Station on the Osaka Monorail Line to the National Museum of Ethnology during the exhibition period. Please use our shuttle bus service.
◆ 11 round trips per day ◆ The bus ride takes 10 minutes ◆ Free of charge
The service is available on Saturdays, Sundays, and National Holidays between August 10 (Thursday) and October 10 (Tuesday),
*may be temporarily unavailable when Expo '70 Commemorative Park holds an event.
More details can be found here.[in Japanese]
※ ©Museum Fünf Kontinente, Munich(MFK)