REGNUM IMAGINARIUM: Realm of the Marvelous and Uncanny
Why has mankind imagined and given form to mysterious creatures that may or may not exist in this world? Strange and uncanny, creepy but cute, here is an enormous collection of sacred, mythical and monstrous beasts from around the world! We present creatures created by contemporary artists, manga artists and game designers, and explore the imagination and creative power that is the source of these ghosts and monsters.
- The Special Exhibition Hall, National Museum of Ethnology
- Exhibition Period
- Thursday, August 29, 2019 ~ Tuesday, November 26, 2019
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Entry is permitted until 4:30 p.m.)
- Closed on
- Presented by
- the National Museum of Ethnology
- PR Assistance
- Japan Broadcasting Corporation OSAKA STATION
- In Cooperation with
- Muséum national d'histoire naturelle ， Museum Volkenkunde ，Osaka Aquarium KAIYUKAN ，International Research Center for Japanese Studies ，National Museum of Japanese History ，SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. ，Senri Foundation ，Hyogo Prefectural Museum of History ，Yumoto Koichi Memorial JAPAN YOKAI MUSEUM （Miyoshi Mononoke Museum）
- Object Loans from
- National Diet Library,japan ，Keio University Library ，Tohoku University ，Hachinohe City Museum ，Kyushu National Museum ，Akashi City Museum of Culture ，Tokoji ， Zuiryuji ，Hajime Emoto ，Manjiro Tatsumi
- Planning Cooperation
- Daisuke Igarashi ，Tomohiro Hasegawa
- Supported by
- KANSAI・OSAKA 21st Century Association
JSPS KAKENHI（Grants-in-Aid for Scientific Research) JP18H03573、JP16H06411、JSPS18H00657
NIHU Network-based Projects ”Center for Modern Middle East Studies”
- Admission Fee
- Adults ¥880 (¥600), and college/university students ¥250 (¥200), senior high school and elementary and junior high school students Free
*Visitors can also view the regular exhibits.
*We perform the some display substitute during the period.
- Admission fee
- ※Those in brackets ( ) are discount charges for groups of more than 20 people, people of universities and the like* who use this facility as part of their classwork, high school students writing reports, repeat visitors within 3 months after the last visit, and people 65 years old and older (certification required).
- ※University students and the like include students of college, undergraduate, graduate, and vocational school students.
- ※Admission is free for visitors with a disability certificate and also for one accompanying person.
- ※For college students and general visitors: please buy a museum ticket at the ticket windows of the Natural and Cultural Gardens (center, west, or north entrance). Ticket holders can pass through the garden at no charge.
- ※For high school students and younger to pass through the Natural and Cultural Gardens (paid area): tell the person at the window of the garden (center, west, or north entrance) that you are going to Minpaku and receive a pass.
- ※From the east gate, you can come to this museum without passing through the Natural culture garden (pay area).
- ※When you are going to the Natural culture garden (pay area), you should pay the admission fee.
●Shuttle Bus Service
The service is available on Saturdays, Sundays, and National Holidays between August 29 (Thursday) and November 26 (Tuesday).
There is a shuttle service from Bampaku-kinen-koen Station on the Osaka Monorail Line to the National Museum of Ethnology during the exhibition period. Please use our shuttle bus service.
◆ 11 round trips per day ◆ The bus ride takes 10 minutes ◆ Free of charge
◆ The service does not run on weekdays and, November 2,3,4,16,17.
※may be temporarily unavailable when Expo '70 Commemorative Park holds an event.
※More details can be found here.