Zafimaniry Style: Life and Handicrafts in the Mist Forest of Madagascar
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Entry permitted until 4:30 p.m.)
- Wednesdays (When a national holiday falls on Wednesday, closed the following day instead.)
- National Museum of Ethnology
- Sumitomo Corporation
- The British Museum, Institut de Civilisations / Musee d'Arts et d'Archeologie, Universite d'Antananarivo
- Air Madagascar Japan Office, Commemorative Organization for the Japan World Exposition '70, The Senri Foundation
- PR Assistance:
- International Research Centre for Intangible Cultural Heritage in the Asia-Pacific Region, Cultural Heritage Protection Cooperation Office, Asia-Pacific Cultural Centre for UNESCO, Osaka Prefectural Government, Suita Municipal Government, Board of Education of Suita, Japan Association for African Studies
- Admission Fee:
Adults ¥420 (¥350), senior high school and college/university students ¥250 (¥200), elementary and junior high school students ¥110 (¥90)
*Visitors can also view the regular exhibits.
Exhibition with English and Japanese descriptive panels
- The discount fees in parentheses are applied to visitors in groups of 20 or more, college students who use the museum for classes, senior high school students who use the museum for the purpose of writing papers for classes, those who have visited the museum within the previous three months, and those who are 65 years old and over. (Appropriate documents are required for the discounts.) College students include students of junior colleges, universities, graduate schools, and vocational schools.
- When entering from Shizenbunkaen Park (the Natural and Cultural Gardens park), please purchase a museum admission ticket at the ticket machine located next to the gate. With the ticket, you can pass through the park for free.
- Admission is free for a visitor with a physical disability certificate and also for his/her attendant.
- Admission to the museum is free every Saturday for elementary school, junior high school, and senior high school students; however, if you come to the museum through Shizenbunkaen Park (the Natural and Cultural Gardens park), an admission fee is charged for the park.