10-1 Senri Expo Park, Suita, Osaka 565-8511, Japan
Admission fees, group tour, and closed days
10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Entry is permitted until 4:30 p.m.
The Museum is closed every Wednesday. When a national holiday falls on a Wednesday, the Museum is closed instead on the following day.
The Museum is closed from December 28 until January 4 for the year-end and New Year period .
The Museum may be closed because of bad weather.
When a storm warning is announced for Osaka city and the northern Osaka area, and also when the Natural and Cultural Garden is closed because of the weather, the Museum will also be closed. For further information, please call 06-6876-2151.
|Admission Charges for the Permanent Exhibitions|
|Individual||Groups (20 persons or more)|
|Students (High school, college and university)||\250||\200|
|Children (Primary and junior high school)||\110||\90|
- An additional charge may be necessary for Special Exhibitions.
- Admission is free every Saturday for primary school, junior high school, and high school students. (An admission fee is charged to enter the Natural and Cultural Gardens.)
Visitors who qualify for a discounted admission charge
The following visitors qualify for a discounted admission charge (please present documentation)
- University, college, graduate, and vocational school students who use the Museum as part of their course work. (Conditions apply; please submit a syllabus or curriculum as evidence.)
- Those who have visited the Museum within the previous three months.
Visitors aged 65 and over. (Please present a document that shows your age.)
Discounted Admission Charge
(for the Permanent Exhibitions only)
Adults \350 Students \200 Children \90
On some days of the year, admission is free.
Admission Free Days in 2011
- Admission Free Days in 2011
- Admission is free every Saturday for primary school, junior high school, and senior high school students.
- Admission is free for a visitor with a disabled person’s pass and also for their attendant as well. Starting March 1, 2006, fees for parking in the lots around the Expo Park will be waived on some days. For further details, please call the Expo Park.
Entering the Natural and Cultural Gardens
If you purchase a Museum ticket at the entrance to the Natural and Cultural Gardens, you can pass through the garden for free (admission fee: \250).
If you are a member of The Minpaku Associates, you may pass through the Natural and Cultural Gardens without charge, as long as you present your membership card at the entrance to the garden.
* Visitors who use the Museum on Admission Free Days will need to purchase a ticket if they wish to pass through the Natural and Cultural Gardens.
Public Relations Planning Section, Office of Administration
National Museum of Ethnology
10-1 Senri Expo Park,
Suita, Osaka 565-8511,