National Museum of Ethnology
10-1 Senri Expo Park, Suita, Osaka 565-8511, Japan
- Resarch Top/
- Research Activities/
- Research Organization and Staff/
- Staff Members /
- HAYASHI Isao
- B.A. Rikkyo [St. Paul's] Univ. 1980
- M.A. Rikkyo [St. Paul's] Univ. 1983
- Ethnographical Study of Dreams in New Guinea
- Anthropological Study of Natural Disaster Management
- Oceania, Melanesia, New Guinea, Bedamuni, Sissano, Strickland-Bosavi Area, Social Anthropology
Publications (English publications only)
Museums as Hubs for Disaster Recovery and Rebuilding Communities, Naoko Sonoda (ed.) New Horizons for Asian Museums and Museology, Springer Open, pp. 165-176
- Education of Disaster Management in Rural Areas of Papua New Guinea. Third Multi-lateral Workshop on Development of Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster Mitigation Technologies and Their Integration for the Asia-Pacific Region, pp.483–485. Earthquake Disaster Mitigation Research Center (EDM) and Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology.
- Museums and Indigenous Peoples in Oceania and Japan. Minpaku Anthropology Newsletter 12: 12–13, International Symposium, 19–21 March, 2001.
- Renewal of the Oceania Gallery, Minpaku Anthropology Newsletter 12: 10.
- ‘Disasters and Memories: Traces, Recollections and Stories,’ International Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences, Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan（2014.5.17）
- “Regional Characteristics and Measures for Natural Disaster Reduction: Trial Study on Recovery from the Aitape Tsunami Disaster (EqTAP).” International Workshop in Kashikojima, December 2003, Japan.
- “1998 Aitape Tsunami Disaster and a Digital Museum.” Development of Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster Mitigation Technologies and their Integration for the Asia-Pacific Region (EqTAP), International Workshop in Kamakura, December 2001, Japan.
- “Expected Contribution of Social Scientists to Natural Disaster Management.” EqTAP International Workshop in Denpasar, September 2001, Indonesia.
- “Education and Disaster Risk Management in Rural Area of Papua New Guinea.” Development of Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster Mitigation Technologies and their Integration for the Asia-Pacific Region (EqTAP), November 2000, International Workshop in Manila, Philippine.
- “Roles of Community Leaders and Educators in Disaster Management: Aitape Tsunami Disaser in Papua New Guinea, 1998.” (EqTAP) International Workshop in Bandon, August 2000, Indonesia.
- “A Brief Report from Resettlement Sites of Aitape-Sissano Tsunami Disaster.” Second Multi-lateral Workshop on Development of Earthquake and Tsunami Disaster Mitigation Technologies in Kobe, March 2000.