- B.A. Waseda University 1995
- M.A. Rikkyo University 1997
- Ph.D. Rikkyo University 2004
Anthropological Study on a Relatioship Between Globalization and Localization in Lifeworld.
Geographical areas of Interest:
Papua New Guinea, Australia, Malaysia
Ethnic Chinese, Orang Ulu
Forthcoming "The Chinese Experience during the Japanese Occupation in New Guinea." People and Culture in Oceania 21 (The Japanese Society for Oceanic Studies)
- "Chinese in Papua New Guinea: Strategic Practices in Sojourning." Journal of Chinese Overseas 2(1):111-132.
- "Malaysian Chinese Migration to Papua New Guinea and Transnational Network." The Journal of Malaysian Chinese Studies.(7):99-113.
- 'Religion as Diacritic of Sub Ethnicity: A Case Study of Papua New Guinean Chinese Community in Australia' at International Conference on "Globalization: Culture, Institutions and Socioeconomics" organized by The Chinese University of Hong Kong and Washington University in St. Louis. (The Chinese University of Hong Kong)(12th of December, 2008)
- 'From Sarawak to Papua New Guinea: The transnational Social Space of Malaysian Chinese' at "Biennial Conferences of Borneo Research Council 9th" (University of Malaysia, Sabah. Malaysia) (29th of July, 2008)
- 'Diversification of Ethnic Chinese Identities in Transnational Social Space: Conparative Studies of Malaysian Chinese and Papua New Guinean Chinese' at "International Convention of Asia Scholars 5" (Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia) (2nd of August, 2007)
- 'Transnational Social Space Based on Local Network: Migration of Malaysian Chinese and Papua New Guinean Chinese' at internaitonal symposium "Symposium on the Human Migration and Acculturturation in the Pacific Rim" (Rikkyo University Niiza campus) (14th of July, 2007)
- 'Constructing the Emigrant's Village in Transnational Social Space: The Experience of Papua New Guinean Chinese.' at International Symposium "Crossing Disciplinary Boundaries and Re-visioning Area Studies: Perspectives from Asia and Africa" (Kyoto University Clock Tower Centennial Hall)(November 10, 2006).
- "The Chinese Experience during the Japanese Occupation in New Guinea." People and Culture in Oceania 21:1-18. (The Japanese Society for Oceanic Studies)
- "Sojourning as Strategic Practices of Ethnic Chinese in Papua New Guinea." at International Symposium, "Globalization as History" at Rikkyo University (March 14, 2004)
- TOYODA Yukio & ICHIKAWA Tetsu, 15 December 2001, "Chinese Memories of the Pacific War in New Guinea" at International Symposium, "Pacific War in Papua New Guinea: Perceptions and Realities." at Rikkyo University (December 15, 2001)