National Museum of Ethnology
10-1 Senri Expo Park, Suita, Osaka 565-8511, Japan
- Resarch Top/
- Research Activities/
- Research Organization and Staff/
- Staff Members /
- MATSUO Mizuho
- “Searching for a Meaningful Life: Experiences of Education and Society work of Senior Chitpāvan Women”, Workshop on Hearing Women's Voices: Senior Women's Recollection of Every-day Life in South Asia, Kyoto University, Kyoto, 5-6 November, 2015.
- “At lease we' ve done a Good thing”: Commercialisation of funeral rites in Contemporary India”(ICAS9), Adelaide, Australia, 8 July 2015.
- 'Traditional Childbirth and the View of Body in India', The Locality of "Health": Traditional/Folk Medicine, People's Health and the Environment, NIHU Ecohealth Project, Kyoto International Conference Centre, Kyoto, Japan, 3.22.
- 'The Cultural Formation of Assisted Reproductive Technology in India', Seminar at the Centre for the South Asian Studies, Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, U.K, 2.26.
- 'Uncertain Bodies and Bodily experiences in Birth Control Movements in India', the 8th International Convention of Asian Scholars (ICAS8), Macau, China, 6.24-27.2013.
- 'Commercial surrogacy and Cross-border reproductive tourism in Asia', 11th iCSi international conference, Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto, 9.1.2012.
- 'Talking about Sexuality: Birth Control Movements and People's responses in local magazines in Colonial India', International Symposium on Media and Power in Contemporary South Asia, National Museum of Ethnology, Osaka, 12.17-18. 2011.
- 'From Birth Control Movements to Family Planning Projects: When 'Social' becomes 'National'', Asian Association Society(AAS)/ICAS7 joint conference, Hawaii Convention Centre, Honolulu, U.S.A, 3.31-4.3. 2011.
- 'Solving 'Family' Problems: Religious Practices amongst Middle Classes in Cotemporary India', International Symposium on 'Cities in South India', National Museum of Ethnology, Osaka, 7.18-21. 2010.
- 'The Community of Sufferers: Goddess Cult as a Loose Solidarity in Rural India', the 6th International Convention of Asia Scholars (ICAS), Daejong, Korea, 8.6-9. 2009.
- 'Cultural Modes of Emotions: Gendered sufferings and Childlessness in Indian Society', Feminist Research Method, Stockholm University, Sweden, 2.4-6. 2009.
- 'Gender, Caste and Childlessness: Religious treatment seeking behavior in Rural India', Gender and Spiritual Praxis in Asian Context, Lancaster University, U.K. 11.23-25. 2006.
- 'The Politics of Love: What forms do 'love' and 'intimacy' take?', the 2nd Global Conference on Sex and Sexuality: Exploring Critical Issues, Vienna, Austria, 11.30-12.2. 2005.
- 'Infertility as a Site of Contestation: A Study of social practices for remedy in Maharashtra', The 11th International Conference on Maharashtra: Culture and Society, Tokyo, 8.22-24. 2005.
- 'Immunization of Smallpox in British India: A Historical Perspective', the 5th All Maharashtra Oriental Research Conference, Goa, India, 11.30-12.1. 2003.