- B.A. Hirosaki Univ. 1985
- M.Sci. Univ. of Tsukuba 1989
South Asia, Nepal, Japan, Magar, Biswakarma, Chantyal, Nepalese Overstayers in Japan, Ecological Anthropology
Publications (English publications only)
- [interview] Thapa, A. Singh, Scud to Become Nepal Encyclopedia: Makito Minami. Nepal’s Well-Wishers in Japan: A Short Biography (Japanese Well-Wishers to Nepal), pp.102–115. Kathmandu: Miteri Manch Nepal.
- Transborder Anthropology: International Symposium March 18–20, 2004. Minpaku Anthropology Newsletter 18: 14–15.
- Byproducts of the International Cooperation Seminar on Museology. Newsletter for the Minpaku Seminar on Museology 2004: 9–11.
- The Start of the Nepal National Ethnographic Museum. Newsletter for the Minpaku Seminar on Museology 2002, 2003: 13–17.
- “Magar Activists Inside and Outside Nepal.” Workshop on Activism and Civil Society in South Asia, with special reference to Nepal and Sri Lanka, 26–28 June, Maison Francaise, Oxford
- “From Tika to Kata: Ethnic Movement among the Magar in an Age of Globalization.” The Dynamics in Northern South Asia, ILCAA (AA-ken) Workshop, 25–27 June
- “The Dynamics of Social and Political Change in Nepal.” ILCAA (AA-ken) Workshop, 28–29 February