NOBUTA ToshihiroNOBUTA Toshihiro
Department of Globalization and Humanity・Professor
Individual Research ProjectsPersonal website
- Social anthropology, Southeast Asian Studies
- 1. An Anthropological Study on Southeast Asian Culture
- 2. An Anthropological Study on Inclusive Society
- B.A. Tokyo Metropolitan Univ. 1992
- M.A. Tokyo Metropolitan Univ. 1995
- Ph.D. Tokyo Metropolitan Univ. 2002
- Ethnographic Study on Islam/islams in the Marginal World
- Social Anthropological Study on the Social Change by Development
Current Research Topics
- An Anthropological Study of NGO Activities
Social Anthropology, Southeast Asia, Malaysia, Orang Asli, Temuan
- Living on the Periphery: Development and Islamization among the Orang Asli in Malaysia. Subang Jaya, Malaysia: Center for Orang Asli Concerns.
- Living on the Periphery: Development and Islamization among the Orang Asli. Kyoto and Melbourne: Kyoto University Press and Trans Pacific Press. [Nut Graph 2010.05.04]
Publications (English publications only)
- Urbanization and Indigenous People: Development among the Orang Asli, Malaysia. In T. Goda (ed.) Urbanization and Formation of Ethnicity in Southeast Asia, pp.100-115. Quezon City, Philippines: New Day Publishers.
- Islamization Policy towards the Orang Asli in Malaysia. Bulletin of the National Museum of Ethnology 31(4): 479-495.
- "Urbanization and Indigenous People: Development among the Orang Asli, Malaysia." International Sicence Conference, Urbanization and the Formation of Ethnicity in Southeast Asia ,Vien Dong Hotel, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.