*Japan Center for Area Studies (JCAS) has been reorganized into Center for Integrated Area Studies (CIAS) in Kyoto University since April 1,2006.CIAS Home page is http://www.cias.kyoto-u.ac.jp/
- B.A. Ochanomizu Univ. 1973
- M.A. Jawaharlal Nehru Univ. 1976
- M.A. Ochanomizu Univ. 1977
Recent Research Interests:
Social History, Social Studies
Geographical areas of Interest:
South Asia, India
Socio-economic area studies, modern history.
- Hase, Y., H. Miyake and F. Oshikawa (eds.), Population Movement in the Modern World V South Asian Migration in Comparative Perspective: Movement, Settlement and diaspora (JCAS Symposium Series 13). The Japan Center for Area Studies, National Museum of Ethnology.
- H.Kotani, T.Fujii and F. Oshikawa eds., Fussing Modernity: Appropriation of History and Political Mobilization in South Asia, Japan Center of Area Studies, National Museum of Ethnology
- F. Oshikawa ed.,South Asia under the Economic Reform (JCAS Symposium Series, No.6), Japan Center of Area Studies, National Museum of Ethnology