- 1990 B.A., University of Tsukuba
- 1994 M.Env. Sci., University of Tsukuba
- 1998 Ph.D., The Graduate University for Advanced Studies
- A Study of the interrelationship between magical belief and scientific knowledge.
- A Study of the interrelationship between international cooperation activities and cultural anthropologists in Japan.
Geographical Areas of Interest:
Melanesia, Vanuatu, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand
Ni-Vanuatu, Tongoans, Thai
- A Malaria Control Project and Anthropology in Myanmar. MINPAKU Anthropology Newsletter 23: 5–6.
- Representations of Melanesia in Contemporary Japanese Television Programs. Bunkajinruigaku (Japanese Journal of Cultural Anthropology) 69 (1): 115–137. (In Japanese, with English summary)
- Possessive Aspect of Kastom: With Reference to the Example of Tongoa, Vanuatu. JCAS Review 4 (1): 87–107. (In Japanese, with English summary)
- Kastom as Navakamati: Kastom among the People of Tongoa, Vanuatu. Minzokugaku-Kenkyu (The Japanese Journal of Ethnology) 66 (2): 203–221. (In Japanese, with English summary)
- Dengue Fever Outbreak and the Place of Traditional Medicine among the People of Tongoa, Vanuatu. Man and Culture in Oceania 15: 45–64.
- The Titular System of Tongoa, Vanuatu. Bulletin of the National Museum of Ethnology 23 (2): 267–319. (In Japanese, with English summary)
- Book Review: The Tree and the Canoe, by Joel Bonnemaison. Man and Culture in Oceania 13: 153–156.
- “Rethinking “Forest Malaria” A Consideration from Malaria Control Project in Myanmar.” IPSR Wednesday Seminar, 19 August, Institute for Population and Social Research, Mahidol University, Salaya, Thailand.
- “Forest Related Activities, Usage of Bed Net, and Treatment Seeking Behavior in Oakpho Township, Bago Division West.” Workshop on Evaluation of Malaria Control Activities Supported by JICA, 10 February, Vector Borne Disease Control Office, Department of Health, Yangon, Myanmar.
- “Why an Anthropological Perspective Necessary?: A Study of Mosquito Net Distribution Project in Vanuatu.” 8 March, Vector Borne Disease Control Office, Department of Health, Yangon, Myanmar.
- “Sociological Aspects of Mass Drug Administration Program.” Workshop on Filariasis Elimination, Control of Soil-Transmitted Helminths and Health Promoting Schools in Pacific. 26 September, Mocambo Hotel, Nadi, Fiji.
- “A Study of Use of Mosquito Nets among the People of Vanuatu.” 14th International Congress for Tropical Medicine and Malaria, 19 November, University of Nagasaki, Nagasaki, Japan.
- “Sociological Aspects of Bed Net Project.” National Malaria Bed Net Review Workshop, 8 August, Department of Health, Port Vila, Vanuatu.