- B.A. Osaka University of Arts 1997
- M.A. Osaka University of Arts 1999
- Ph.D. Osaka University of Arts 2002
- A Study of Handicrafts Among Pastoral People
- An Ethno-Artistic Study of Handicraft Culture in Contemporary India
South Asia, Middle East, Japan, Rabari, Gujarati, Ethno-Artistic Studies, Textiles and Handicrafts
- The Textiles of the Rabari in the Kutch Area of Gujarat, India. (in Japanese). BIOSTORY 12: 30–37. Tokyo: Seibundo-shinkosha.
- Handicrafts and Its Promotion Efforts in India: The Case of Rabari Society. (in Japanese). In The Design History Forum (ed.) Modern Craft and Design Movements, pp.292–300. Kyoto: Shibunkakusyuppan.
- Textiles an Rituals among the Pastoral Rabari of India. (in Japanese). Kyoto: Showado.
- Prohibition of Rabari Embroidery and New Clothing: Bridal Wealth and Infant Marriage. (in Japanese). Minzoku Geijutsu [Ethno-Arts] 20: 107–116.
- Knitting and Weaving Techniques by Men among the Nomadic Rabari People. (in Japanese). Minzoku Geijutsu [Ethno-Arts] 18: 114–124.
Publications (English publications only)
- The Playfulness of Forms in Organizing Committee of "The Power of Images" (ed.) The Power of Images: The National Museum of Ethnology Collection, pp.219-221
- Images Exuded by Light and Color in Organizing Committee of "The Power of Images" (ed.) The Power of Images: The National Museum of Ethnology Collection, pp.214-217
- Art and Decoration in Daily Life. In National Museum of Ethnology (ed.) Handicrafting the Intangible: Zafimaniry Heritage in Madagascar, National Museum of Ethnology, pp.86-93
- Textiles Discovered in the Raya Site. In M. Kawatoko (ed.) Archaeological Survey of the Raya/al-Tur Area on the Sinai Peninsula, Egpt 2007. (Islamic Archaeology and Culture 2), pp.95–105. Islam Archaeological Mission.
- "Strategic Production in Response to Value Orientations : Dyed and Printed Textiles for Goddess Rituals in Gujarat State,Western India",IUAES 2017, Ottawa University, Canada (2017.5.6)
- "Embodied Knowledge in Rabari Embroidery Patterns." Knowledge Transfer Across Borders: Integrative Approaches, A German-Japanese Colloquium, University of Göttingen, German (2015.1.15)
- “Diverse materials mad techniques to produce bendable "linware" in Ainu culture”(Ueba, Y. , Kanetani, M. and Nakatani, A) The 4nd Conference on Cultural History of PaleoAsia, p.59
- “Lineware:Usage of Ecological Resources in Assam,India.”(Kanetani, M., Ueba, Y. and Nakatani, A) The 3nd Conference on Cultural History of PaleoAsia, pp.81-82
- “Ethnographic analysis of technologies for making and using thread, string and yarn.”(Ueba, Y., Kanetani, M. and Nakatani, A) The 2nd Conference on Cultural History of PaleoAsia, p.61
- “An ethnographic analysis of technologies to produce yarn material and looms in South Asia.”(Ueba, Y., Kanetani, M. and Nakatani, A) The 1st Conference on Cultural History of PaleoAsia, p.89
- Technical and Social Aspects of the Handicrafts of Rabari People. (in Japanese).