- B.A. Tokyo Univ. of Foreign Studies 1980
- M.A. Univ. of Tokyo 1983
Geographical areas of Interest:
Middle East, North Africa
Political and social studies of Middle Eastern Jewry in Israel.
- State Formation and Ethnic Relations in the Middle East, JCAS Symposium Series 5, The Japan Center for Area Studies, National Museum of Ethnology
- "'Arab Jews' in Mediterranean World: A Critical Note on Multiculturalism in Israel" Mediterranean World, The Mediterranean Studies Group, Hitotsubashi University, pp. 65-76.
- "To be a National Minority in an Ethnic Jewish State", Inaga, Shigemi & Kenneth L. Richard, eds. Crossing Cultural Borders: Toward an Ethics of Intercultural Communication --- Beyond Reciprocal Anthropology---, International Research Center for Japanese Studies, Kyoto, pp.199-207.
- "Rethinking a Jewish Communist Movement in Iraq: A Case of 'Is bat Mukafahat al-Sahyuniya(Anti-Zionist League),1945-1946", Summaries of Lectures, The Second International Congress for Babylonian Jewry Research, June 15-18,1998, The Babylonian Jewry Heritage Center, June1998, pp.15-17.
- "Ecri-vains bilingues (arabe/hebreu)", traduit par Shigemi INAGA, Dedale, Nos.3 & 4, Printemps 1996, Maisonneuve & Larose, Paris, pp.513-523.
- "The Jews of Morocco and Israel: A Preliminary Note on Recent Trend of Study", Mediterranean World, Vol. XIV, Hitotsubashi University,1995, pp.47-58.
- Zionism, Communism and Emigration of the Iraqi Jews: A Brief Survey of an Ancient Community in Crisis,1941-1951, Truman Institute Reprints, 35pp, The Harry S.Truman Institute for the Advancement of Peace, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem,Jerusalem
- "Zionism, Communism and Emigration of the Iraqi Jews: A Brief Survey of An Ancient Community in Crisis, 1941-1951", Annals of Japan Association for Middle East Studies Vol.9, March 1994, pp.1-35.
- "The Sephardi Community of Jerusalem before World War I: A Note on a Dominant Community on the Decline", ORIENT, The Society for Near Eastern Studies in Japan, Vol.29, March 1994, pp.93-108.