National Museum of Ethnology
10-1 Senri Expo Park, Suita, Osaka 565-8511, Japan
- Resarch Top/
- Research Activities/
- Research Organization and Staff/
- Staff Members /
- YAMAMOTO Hiroyuki
- B.A. Univ. of Tokyo 1993
- M.A. Univ. of Tokyo 1995
- Ph.D. Univ. of Tokyo 2003
Ethnicity and Nationality in Islamized Southeast Asia
Geographical areas of Interest:
Sabah (Malaysia), Malay Islamic Region (Malaysia, Brunei, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia)
Kadazandusun, Bajau, Chinese, Sabahan, Malay, Malaysian, Indonesian
- "Sports, Beauty Contests and the Tamu Besar: The Origins of Harvest Festival in Sabah (North Borneo)". Sabah Society Journal. (Sabah Society). 19:1-21.
- "From Penampang Boys to Tambunan Sons: Kadazandusun Leadership and Their Cultural 'Revival'". Mohd. Hazim Shah et al. (eds. ). New Perspectives in Malaysian Politics. Malaysian Social Science Association. pp.213-225.
- "Harvesting an Identity". Star. (Malaysia). March 11, 2002. p.18.
- ""Foreigners' Nationalism" in Malaysia: Donald Stephens and K. Bali in Making of Sabah Nationhood". Sejarah. (Universiti Malaya). 9:49-70.
- "From Bornean Federation to Malaysia: Analysis of 'Stephens' Merdeka Plan'". MANU. (Universiti Malaysia Sabah). 2:59-80.
- "The Muslim Brotherhood Movement among Malay-Speaking Muslims in the 1950s". Middle Classes and Flows and Movements in East Asia (JSPS Core University Program Workshop), Kyoto University, 6-8 October, 2004.
- "Malay Periodicals in North Borneo as the Ideological Background to the Emergence of Bajau Identity". International Conference on Bajau/Sama Communities (ICBC), Universiti Malaysia Sabah, 21-23 July, 2004.
- "Muslim Brotherhood in the Malay World in the 1950s". The 3rd International Convention of Asia Scholars (ICAS3), Swissotel The Stamford, Singapore, 19-22 August, 2003.
- "Relation between Chinese and Inland Autochthones in Borneo in 1960s". Workshop on Culture and Development in and around Sabah. ILCAA, Tokyo University of Foreign Studies. 23-24 January, 2003.
- "The Pasok Momogun Movement in Sabah in the 1960s". The 3rd International Malaysian Studies Conference. Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, 6-8 August, 2001.
- "The Origins of Sabah Nationhood: A Case of "Foreigners' Nationalism" in Malaysia". The 16th Conference of the International Association of Historians of Asia (IAHA). Universiti Malaysia Sabah, 27-31 July, 2000.
- "From Penampang Boys to Tambunan Sons: The Kadazandusun Leadership and Their Cultural 'Revival'". The 2nd International Malaysian Studies Conference. Universiti Malaya. 2-4 August, 1999.