National Museum of Ethnology
10-1 Senri Expo Park, Suita, Osaka 565-8511, Japan
- Resarch Top/
- The Graduate University for Advanced Studies/
- Doctoral Studies at Minpaku/
- Writing a dissertation/
To complete a doctoral program requires the following steps: present a research proposal, receive advice from multiple members of the faculty, conduct field research, present the results to the thesis seminar, and complete the dissertation, incorporating feedback from the seminar.
- The research proposal is to be formalized during the second half of the first-year seminar.
- When the research proposal is presented, the student's supervisor, assistant supervisor, and one or two additional faculty members will form an advisory committee and provide advice in writing on the proposal.
- Students returning from the field participate in the thesis seminar, giving repeated reports until the thesis is finished. During this process, they will receive supervision and guidance from many members of the faculty.
- The supervisor and assistant supervisor will work together to provide support while the thesis is being written.