National Museum of Ethnology
10-1 Senri Expo Park, Suita, Osaka 565-8511, Japan
Open Access Resources
Guide to Educational Resources at Minpaku: for university students and their teachers
- Minpaku has prepared a Guide to Educational Resources at Minpaku to encourage the use of its research, exhibits, collections, and facilities by universities.
Minpaku Collections Help Desk
- Please contact us if you would like to use ethnological artifacts from the museum’s collections.
- Our library has Japan’s largest collection of materials related to cultural anthropology and ethnology. Except for some rare books, library books and materials are available to all.
- Minpaku is now in the process of constructing databases of the many research materials, research results, and artifacts in its collections, to make them more widely available to researchers.
Ethnology Research Archives
- The museum collects and makes publicly available anthropological and ethnological field notes, manuscripts, and videos and other visual materials created in the field.
- The museum also collects, catalogues, and and makes publicly available publications by researchers associated with the museum.