Amazing show tents in Japan
- The Special Exhibition Hall, National Museum of Ethnology
- September 8 - November 29, 2016
- 10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Entry permitted until 4:30 p.m.)
- Closed on
- Wednesdays (Except for November 23); November 24
- Admission Free Day
- September 10 (Saturday), September 11 (Sunday), September 19 (Monday/National Holiday), November 3 (Thursday/National Holiday), November 19 (Saturday), November 20 (Sunday)
- Presented by
- the National Museum of Ethnology, National Museum of Japanese History
- Assisted by
- Kyoto Bunkyo University, JVC KENWOOD Victor Entertainment Corp., Nomura Co., Ltd., Poster Hari's Company, Terayama World, Misemono Association of Japan, Yasuda Kogyosha , Senri Foundation
- Supported by
- the Japan World Exposition 1970 Commemorative Fund
- Admission Fee
Adults ¥830 (¥560), senior high school and college/university students ¥450 (¥250), elementary and junior high school students ¥250 (¥130) *Visitors can also view the regular exhibits.
- Discounted admission to view the regular exhibits is available for students in groups of 20 or more (senior high school and college/university students ¥200, elementary and junior high school students ¥90).
- The discount fees in parentheses are applied to visitors in groups of 20 or more, college students who use the museum for classes, senior high school students who use the museum for the purpose of writing papers for classes, those who have visited the museum within the previous three months, and those who are 65 years old and over. (Appropriate documents are required for the discounts.) College students include students of junior colleges, universities, graduate schools, and vocational schools.
- When entering from Shizenbunkaen Park (the Natural and Cultural Gardens park), please purchase a museum admission ticket at the ticket machine located next to the gate. With the ticket, you can pass through the park for free.
- Admission is free for a visitor with a physical disability certificate and also for his/her attendant.
- Admission to the museum is free every Saturday for elementary school, junior high school, and senior high school students; however, if you come to the museum through Shizenbunkaen Park (the Natural and Cultural Gardens park), an admission fee is charged for the park.
●Shuttle Bus Service
There is a shuttle service from Bampaku-kinen-koen Station on the Osaka Monorail Line to the National Museum of Ethnology during the exhibition period. Please use our shuttle bus service.
◆ 11 round trips per day ◆ The bus ride takes 10 minutes ◆ Free of charge
The service is available on Saturdays, Sundays, and National Holidays between September 8 (Thursday) and November 29 (Tuesday), except on November 3 (Thursday/National Holiday), November 5 (Saturday), and November 6 (Sunday).
※may be temporarily unavailable when Expo '70 Commemorative Park holds an event.
More details can be found here.[in Japanese]