- TAMORI Masakazu
- Special Visiting Associate Professor, National Museum of Ethnology
- B.Sc. Saitama University 1983
- B.A. Saitama University 1995
- M.A. Saitama University 1997
- Ph.D. The University of Tokyo 2011
- Modernization and globalization of South Asian societies and communities
- Religion and Music：Socio-cultural coexistence of Hindu and Muslim
- Musical tradition and social relationship of musical communities in Rajasthan
- Impact of the cultural policy, development of media and educational system on musical
North India, Rajasthan, Religion and Music, Social Organization of Musicians, Globalization of Indian Music, Oral Tradition and History
Publications (English Publications Only)
||The Transformation of Sarod Gharana: Transmitting Musical Property in
Hindustani Music. Music and Society in South Asia: Perspectives from Japan (Senri Ethnological Studies71), Yoshitaka Terada(ed.), pp.169- 202, Osaka: National Museum of Ethnology.
||The Past and Present of North Indian Classical Music. Owning and Using: Circuits of Knowledge in North Indian Classical Music. Research Symposium at Jadavpur University, 15-16 January, Kolkata, India.